Well, it’s true – it really is ‘Bad Friday’ at Squisito and there is no 24 Carrots Farmers Market at Jewellery Quarter tomorrow:(
But Squisito will be in the Big Peg, Jewellery Quarter (24 Carrrots market site) car park between 11am and 1pm if you wish to collect from us there:)
This week we have
Sara’s Homemade Gravad Lax 100% natural cure organic salmon Not salty, not smokey but fresh homemade salmon cured with fresh dill that knocks spots of commercial imitations. GLUTEN FREE
Alex’s Gluten Free Sausages – Tuscan, Napoli, Mexican Chihuahua Chorizo and Toulouse – made with at least 90% local meat and not a little wine or Tequila! GLUTEN FREE £9.99/kg – £10.99/kg
Sara’s Lamborghini Sausage Rolls – a Southern Italian twist to an old favourite filled with spicy Mexican Chihuahua sausage. DEFINITELY FIRST COME FIRST SERVED ‘COS THEY GO FAST!
Squisito Italian Bread – Tuscan, Sourdough, Pane Patate, Pesto Rolls, Rosemary Rolls, Black Olive Twists, Rosemary Foccacia and Sara’s popular Lamborghini sausage rolls all made with 100% British Flour and much less salt than supermarket bread (‘cos it’s real bread!)
Sara’s Rosemary Roast Ham
Sara’s Rayburn roasted Monks Kirby ham with pork leg & rosemary GLUTEN FREE £18.50/kg
Alex’s Salt Beef Homemade rolled and cured brisket of beef for the ultimate salt beef and pickle sandwich £14.99/kg
Roasted Onion and Balsamic Crespelle – perfect baked pancakes and traditional Italian Saturday Lunch
Artisan Salami – first come first served! A choice of Diavola, Tuscan, Napoli, Black Olive, n’Duja, Saucisson Sec, Venison & Droewors (pork & beef) – £4.00/100g
Squisito Artisan Cookery School Course & Supper Club Vouchers from just £27.50. Give the foodie in your life a special day they really won’t forget by calling Sara on 07824 314 235 or booking online at Squisito Artisan Cookery School The reviews speak for themselves!
Miss Marmite Lover’s Supper Club Book For the foodie in your life or just a guilty pleasure for yourself. Voted by Amazon Readers the best cookery book of 2011 Just £19.99 which is £5.00 cheaper than the bookshop! Add £3.00 for Alex’s special super deluxe tasteful gift wrapping and surprise gift!
Oak Smoked Garlic – perfect present for the foodie in your life.
We will also have our unique deli staples;
Homemade Herbs & Spices – Smoked Trapani Sea Salt, Tuscan Fennel Rub, Alex’s Hot Rub, Herb Sea Salt, Arrabiatta Sea Salt, Banda Nutmegs, Monks Kirby Natural Dried Sage, Thyme, Bay Leaves, Oregano, Rosemary, Spearmint and Italian Mixed Herbs, Provence Herbs, Smoked Paprika, Smoked Chilli amongst others.
COMING SOON – homemade Jordanian Baharat, Moroccan Ras al Hanoot, Somali Berbere Spices and Jack’s Curry Sauce (for the ultimate Chicken or Turkey curry!!!)
Real Flour – 100% British Flour, Organic Wholemeal, Tipo 00 pizza & pasta flour, Durum Wheat Semolina, polenta, chick pea flour. Coming soon – French baguette flour and pastry flour
Puglian Olives – Kermit-the-frog-green Nocellara del Belice and red Natural Kalamata
Italian Cheese – Grana Padano DOP (less salty than Parmesan), Taleggio & Sardinian Perla Nera
Italian Coffee – 100% Arabica Columbian coffee available ground or beans Venetian roast or Nero for more caffeine if you need that Italian tiramisu (pick-me-up)!
As for the rest
2. Go to Britain’s oldest working cinema, The Electric in Station Street Birmingham, and see The Artist with Uggie the dog who could be the first canine to win an Oscar for Best Supporting Actor. It’s a great film and one which will brighten your day from black and white! What other cinema can you order a cocktail from your seat?
3. Book Supper Club tickets at Secret Squisito to give yourself something fabulous to look forward to. Secret Squisito is the ultimate anti-restaurant where you can have fun and seconds and bring your own wine!
4. Plan your St. Valentine’s Day menu with Sara and spend less time in the kitchen and more time together. Follow Sara’s menu countdown on Twitter @squisitodeli for the perfect romantic day and order online or collect you meal from Kings Norton Farmers Market on Saturday 11th February
5. Say ‘No’ to junk food and take control of your diet and your shopping bill by learning how to make your own bacon or smoked salmon or learning to make sausages and salami like ours?
According to psychologists last Monday was ‘Blue Monday’ because this week has been calculated to be the most depressing week of the year!
What can you do?
1. Start Saturday off well by getting out and about and planning a nice meal from 24 Carrots Farmers Market in the Jewellery Quarter tomorrow from 10am to 3pm. Squisito will be there and we’ll have hot Italian sausages plus our unique deli food to take home. It’ll bring a smile to your face.
If you can’t make it to Moseley Farmers Market next Saturday or Kings Heath Farmers Market in a fortnight you can buy online at our shop managed by Big Barn and download Squisito recipes for free.
Or give Sara a ring on 07824 314 235.